Title: Associate Director of Operations
Immaculate Heart Community based out of Los Angeles, CA is looking for an experienced knowledgeable full-time Associate Director of Operations for one its ministries located in Santa Barbara, CA at La Casa de Maria Retreat Center.
La Casa de Maria Retreat Center is a 26-acre retreat and conference center located in Santa Barbara, 90 miles north of Los Angeles, that attracts 12,000 guests annually. Every year it offers full-service packages for 200 non-profit and spiritual organizations, more than 100 public workshops, and private retreats for individuals. Its mission is: “To be a sanctuary of peace for individuals and groups as they seek to renew their purpose, strengthen their communities, and increase their effectiveness in the world.”
TITLE: Associate Director of Operations
SALARY RANGE: Depends on Experience
HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt 40+hrs
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of La Casa de Maria
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITY: The Associate Director of Operations is responsible for the overall operations of La Casa de Maria: hosting, housekeeping, grounds and building maintenance, capital and construction projects, and internal office functioning. Working with the Director of La Casa de Maria and other staff, s/he will share the responsibility for implementing the mission of La Casa de Maria, so that its vision, values, and goals are embodied within the institution and beyond.
Be able to enforce and execute the Vision and Values
- Cultivates a reverence for La Casa’s vision and identity
- Fosters and supports an environment of collaboration and high morale as a spiritually-based community
- Develops a stewardship model of leadership and fosters open communications
- Collaborates in strategic planning and its implementation.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of operational planning and procedures.
- Facilitates staff in inter-departmental projects and processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness and responsible stewardship of resources
AS ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR you will need to have the ability implement and execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Report to the Director.
- Manage and supervise the operational staff and facilities required to make La Casa de Maria a topquality retreat center and a sustainable institution in service to the community.
- Collaborates with the Director in the development and management of the yearly operational budget and authorizes all operational expenditures within allocated resources.
- Assists the Director in the preparation of reports to Board and Coordinating Council.
- In consultation with the Director, conducts and oversees contract negotiations per departmental responsibilities – dining services, construction, etc.
- At the direction of the Director, acts as representative of La Casa to county and district entities, ensuring that the facility’s usage is in compliance with land use permits and other regulations.
- Plans, purchases, and oversees upkeep of information technology, both hardware and software.
- Oversees all capital improvements. HR 2/08/2017
- Collaborates in strategic planning, priority setting and long-range planning, evaluation, coordination and integration of the following departments - Conference, Facilities, Housekeeping, Hosting, Buildings and Grounds, Agriculture, and Bookstore.
- Ensures all staffing needs are met, including selecting, training, evaluating, and overall supervision of staff in these department areas:
- Oversees hosted groups, ensuring that La Casa’s occupancy reflects profitability while maintaining the retreat environment
- Oversees communication of guest service information to Facilities, Housekeeping, Hosting, and Buildings and Grounds
- Oversees remodel and maintenance of facilities
- Approves all major purchases
- Oversees the implementation of high quality practices in housekeeping and safety
- Ensures t he use of green cleaning products
- Oversees guest services, ensuring that host staff represent the mission and values of La Casa in all dealings with guests
- Provides training in guest relations and efficiency
Buildings and Grounds
- Oversees implementation of the maintenance plan for the facilities, following the guidelines of the replacement reserve, using green practices and materials
- Oversees the care of the grounds, ensuring the use and care of native and drought-tolerant plants and trees, and helping La Casa achieve its water stewardship goals
- Oversees the agricultural areas of the property, ensuring that guests are able to enjoy CCOF-certified organic produce from the La Casa land
- Ensures good communication among the Agriculture Coordinator, the Building and Grounds Coordinator, and the chefs at La Casa and the Center for Spiritual Renewal
- Oversees Real things bookstore, including personnel, and ensures good management practices
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of La Casa De Maria
- Commitment to the La Casa de Maria mission and the values which are consistent with that mission.
- Five to ten years of experience as a Director and of responsible administration and management in facilities and personnel, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced training in the field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent planning, facilitation and organizational skills.
- A proven ability to work with multi-million dollar budgets, demonstrating financial literacy and responsible stewardship.
- A demonstrated ability to be supportive of leadership while also functioning successfully as a leader in a management team.
- Collaborative management and team building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written skills.
- Experience in working with diverse communities in the non-profit sector, with varied spiritual communities, and with many different cultures and ethnic groups a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends.
- Computer literacy, including fluency with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The Immaculate Heart Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Please send resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 323-466-2150